9.19.11 // perfectly normal

I'm home in Connecticut visiting my parents and friends right now. Being home is definitely a nice break from the independent woman-esque life I've been living in California. I rarely let myself relax in California. It's strange. I don't work that much, but I'm always striving to continually move forward on my creative quest. As a result, I don't give myself much downtime to just "be". I let myself unwind a bit on this trip. I watched television for the first time in I don't know how long, I baked a ton of cookies and I made this video while my parents were out of the house.. perfectly normal behavior for any 25 year old.



I've always liked making weird videos. Not weird-weird.. but off-beat/quirky. In high school I once acted out a paraphrased version of Macbeth in my bedroom using a camera that I borrowed in my video production class. I'm pretty sure that I'm wearing my pajamas in the video that my hair is all wet for some reason. Oh, and I think there may have been false teeth involved. I also recall deciding that it was a good idea to give the video to my 11th grade English teacher to watch. She rarely called on me in class after that.

...also, it should be noted that a line from the song used in the above video - "(I'm Gonna Be) 500 Miles" by The Proclaimers - is this blog's namesake. "And if I haver yeah I know I'm gonna be, I'm gonna be the man who's havering to you"... what does haver mean? Check out the top left portion of this blog to learn!

5 comments:

  1. you're gorgeous and i would like to haver coffee with you

    ReplyDelete
  2. ;-) i'll support you and your art projects. not because you're hot, but because you're actually really talented and i dig your style. now how 'bout that coffee?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I've never been complimented this much by a silly-putty-sucking stranger. Thanks! If I knew who you were, I could potentially assess the coffee situation. Until then, I appreciate your support!

    ReplyDelete
  4. silly-putty-sucking stranger sounds REALLY bad when reading on the internet; for that i apologize. this is a good time to switch to my real name, Merlin...NOPE even worse :-) jk, my name is water marked on all the images in my tumblr site: http://k-y-a.tumblr.com/ try google imaging my name and a bunch of creeps pop up that look NOTHING like me, wanna give you a heads up! if you come up to a certain point and feel not quite sure about the coffee situation, well that's alright, i won't be heart broken. we'll just switch to a nice cup of tea ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! Each and every one means so much!

doodles adventures connecticut california photos interviews montana road trips creative dream friends music birthday illustration thrifted art book doodle video ERMAHGERD animation gif inspiration movies neckache of the month roadtrip nation trailer yeti 25 before 26 christmas decor goals growing up hand lettering thoughts update vegan artist brooklyn burgers cartoon crafts daniel johnston design diy great food truck race hairphabet illustrator interview lipdub mail order interview merry christmas moving muppets music videos new york outfits party puppet rv seabirds ukulele vintage volvo zeiss ikon cantina 26 before 27 60s 8mm accessories adam adhd adventure time adventures california advice artist's community awkward family portrait baking band beards boots calendar car carly correa cat challenges chinese new year chris piascik chrysa koukoura coffee color therapy comics cooking costumes count hipstula craig bartlett dad disneyland duckie electrogirl elvis etsy faces fashion favorites fred seibert freelance french pop ghost graphic novel griffith park hair clip hallmark halloween hey arnold hipster hipsters hire me home hot dog hurricane sandy inner children united jackson hole jamie jazz age lawn party jeff gill jess smart smiley jim henson julia pott keith haring life lingo lip sync list loopy los angeles martin luther king day memphis modern amusement motivation my story nail art neighbor new year news nicktoons nicole daddona odd jobs penelope gazin picture day pipe play-doh playlist pottery prayer pretty in pink prints public access puppets quirky quote recipe right now roadtrip nation rv sadwich salvation mountain sara m. lyon sarah saul bass scribble sedona simon's hot dogs slab city slumber party song songs space mountain spice girls stop motion store strange string bean man style tea the beatles third eye threadless toms travel tshirt ugly face contest vanessa davis videos wannabe winter wisdom work yeti yeti studio youtube zine
© Nicole Daddona 2010-2013